SecuGen Hamster IV is a USB Fingerprint scanner certified by the FBI and is an improved form of the SecuGen’s popular and versatile fingerprint scanner product line along with Auto-On and Smart Capture. The fingerprint scanner has a wide number of applications in the present world whether it is related to business, office, institutions or even home. There are many advantages of SecuGen Hamster IV USB Finger print scanner.
- It comes in a very comfortable and ergonomic design. It is the high quality and the most advanced optical sensor as it uses the patented SEIR fingerprint biometric technology which in turn gives you the highest quality in fingerprint biometrics. The images are of 500 DPI resolutions.
- This finger print scanner is also resistant to scratch or impact or electrostatic discharge due to its hardened contact area and has high quality, maintenance free sensor. You can also get free fingerprint SDK on request. SecuGen hamster IV fingerprint scanners are easy to use and can be installed quickly on any Windows PC. It is provided with the industry’s longest warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions. SecuGen peripherals provide consistent performance and security for a wide number of software applications for the desktop, network, enterprise and Internet environments.
- Another striking feature of Secugen Hamster IV FIPS 201 / PIV is the Auto-On function, which automatically turns on the sensor whenever a finger is placed on the scanner. It comes with a built in guide, detachable weighted stand, and a USB cable.
- The SecuGen Hamster device is very light measuring 27X40X73 mm and weighing a mere 100 grams. It is highly effective in a wide temperature range from 0 to 40 degrees and humidity less than 90 percent. On an average this Fips compliant fingerprint reader has a long life span of around 60,000 hours in normal operating conditions.
- Secugen Hamster IV PIV USB Fingerprint Scanner is very fast and accurate. It removes latent print images and encrypts fingerprint templates, thus it cannot be used to reconstruct fingerprint images. SecuGen hamster finger print scanner can be attached to multiple devices via programmable serial number and can be used for various finger print based applications like Fingerprint recognition, fingerprint verification, fingerprint authentication, fingerprint scanning & fingerprint matching applications.