Questions? Ask our experts: 877-917-3287.
Need over 25 units? Request a Quote
SecuGen iD-USB SC/PIV Fingerprint Scanner + Card Reader
SecuGen iD-USB SC/PIV
Item Code EA4-0516P
- FBI Certified PIV Single Finger Capture Device.
- Sensor resistant to scratches, vibration and electrostatic shock.
- PC/SC Compliant USB Smart Card Reader.
- Surface mountable case with integrated screw mounts.
Questions? Ask our experts: 877-917-3287.
Zero learning curve for developers. No biometric programming experience required. Get access to sample codes in multiple languages including C/C++, C#.NET, Java etc.LEARN MORE
Logon to Windows, Domain, Websites and Applications using fingerprints & create a ”password free” environment. Enterprise Password Management with Seamless Interface to Active Directory.LEARN MORE
iD-USB SC/PIV Description
iD-USB SC/PIV is a multipurpose USB device that simultaneously hosts a smart card and a fingerprint reader and can be used for PIV/ FIPS 201-compliant and dual-factor authentication apps. The iD-USB SC boasts of combining SecuGen’s HD image quality of SDU04P™ optical fingerprint technology and the advanced PC/SC smart card reading capabilities.
iD-USB SC/PIV Features
- Entirely compliant with the SDU04P sensor or PIV Single Finger Capture Device (certified by FBI)
- The GSA FIPS 201 Approved Products List has listed it as one of the best products of the year.
- The optical fingerprint sensor technique is reliable, delivers impeccable performance every time and low maintenance.
- Sensor is immune to damages incurred from electric shocks, impacts, vibration and scratches.
- Auto-On™ (Feature that instantly detects finger placement and automatically goes into an alert mode. On enabling the system, it starts to scan a finger as soon as it recognizes the presence of a finger on its sensor without having to manually instruct it to do so.)
- Easy access for fingers of all kinds and orientations due to the availability of integrated finger guide.
- Entirely compatible with HSDU04P or Hamster IV fingerprint reader.
- Smart Capture™ (Allows the system to produce flawless images of every finger that is scanned using it, regardless of the condition in which the finger is in. Self-Adjusting Fingerprint Brightness allows for the automatic adjustment of the current brightness of the sensor, which in turn enables the system to produce clear and detailed images of the most traditionally unkempt fingers. For example, the ones that are too aged, wet or dry, increasingly scarred or are being scanned under direct sunlight.)
- Fully compatible with HID Omnikey 3121 and PC/SC Compliant USB Smart Card Reader.
- Does not require any extra power source for it is USB bus-powered.
- Allows hot-swappable and Plug ‘n Play
- Has a surface mountable case affixed with integrated screw mounts
- Warranty extends up to a year.
iD-USB SC/PIV Specifications
|Description||Combination fingerprint reader and
contact smart card reader
system with serial interface
|Optical Sensor||SecuGen SDU04P™|
|Image Resolution / Size||508 DPI / 258 x 336 pixels|
|Platen Size / Eff. Sensing Area||16.1 x 18.2 mm / 12.9 x 16.8 mm|
|Light Source / Typical Lifetime||LED / 60,000 hours|
|Fingerprint Capture Speed||0.2 ~ 0.8 seconds with Smart Capture|
|Supported Biometric Standards||ANSI INCITS 378, BioAPI, ISO 19794, FIPS 201|
|Auto-On™ & Smart Capture™||Yes|
|Dimensions (W x L x H)||88 x 140 x 67 mm|
|Operating Temp. / Humidity||0o ~ 55o C / 10 ~ 90% RH|
|Interface||USB 1.1 Full-Speed, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Supply Voltage||5 V DC (via USB)|
|Current Consumption (max)||250 mA|
|Warranty||One year limited|
|Compliance / Certification||FCC, CE, RoHS / FBI PIV Single Finger, GSA|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, Android 3.1 and above, Linux|
iD-USB SC/PIV Benefits
Its longevity and reliability has been proven beyond doubt by repeated testing over the years and is supported by one of the best warranties in the industry. When integrated with access control, POS, time and attendance and security systems, SecuGen fingerprint readers delivers consistently elevated performances, even under the harshest of conditions.
Biometric verification process has now become a breeze due to the elimination of headaches such as reduced security breaches, password overloads, which has in turn enhanced accountability; this coupled with non-repudiation and user-friendliness has made this technology one of the most sought after technologies in the market.
The perfect fingerprint scanner + card reader for YOU!
The sensors used by SecuGen features a prism that is virtually invincible and are known for their ruggedness. All its individual parts, be it the high definition lens or the internal hardware, is made of materials that are extremely resistant and reliable. This ensures that best quality images are guaranteed regardless of whether it is used within the safety of indoors or out in a difficult weather.
All the images produced by SecuGen are 100% accurate every time, since they happen to be endowed with special distortion-free technology, from which the extraction of data points can be made with ease. The overall performance is enhanced with greater precision, which boosts the chances of acceptance and cancels out any opportunities of false rejection.
Automatic scanning and verification occurs as soon as the presence of a human finger is detected on the sensor.
High durability and ruggedness
While extreme climatic conditions and other factors like dirt, oil, moisture and impact damages such as accidental drops, bumps and scratches, electrostatic shocks can ruin any conventional fingerprint reader, SecuGen is immune to all these harms.
Challenging and difficult conditions cannot prevent it from delivering its usual top of the line performance.
Fingerprint data protection
Spoof or fake finger prints cannot be introduced into the system or alteration done to the originally recorded finger prints.
Ease of integration
Software Developer Kits are offered free of cost to enable easy integration into various different apps.
Other fingerprint readers in the vicinity are recognized by Device Recognition™.
Due to the rock-hard surface of SecuGen, which is made up of Quartz-like material, it can easily resist ESD, corrosion, scratches and damages incurred from other stresses, making it a lot more durable than commonly found fingerprint readers in the market. Moreover there is hardly any requirement of a recalibration due to the fact that all its inner as well as outer components are tightly fixed together like a jigsaw puzzle.
Since all the individual components of SecuGen are designed in way that it guarantees a long and healthy product life-cycle, without the need to replace or repair it in any way, it ultimately turn out to be cost-effective in the long run.
The quality of images produced by each of the finger scans are extremely high on clarity and accuracy, even when the finger in question is a particularly difficult one to scan, due to factors such as agedness, untidiness or scars.
Patented optical technologies
Patented optical technologies makes use of SEIR™ or Surface Enhanced Irregular Reflection, which accounts for zero distortion of the images produced along with enhanced signal-to noise ratio.
Rejection of false fingerprints
Eliminates the chances of any kind of 2-D fingerprint forgery or latent print spoofs; hence, rejecting false fingerprints.
Greater sensor-to-sensor consistency
There is increased sensor-to-sensor consistency when tallying the image results from various readers located in different areas, for a higher accuracy level.
Allows for a single computer to monitor and operate multiple fingerprint devices simultaneously.
iD-USB SC/PIV Applications
- Time & Attendance
- Logical & Physical Access Control
- Any application requiring multi-factor fingerprint / smart card authentication
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Just Some of Our Happy Clients
All our products come with one year warranty. For items within the warranty period, our policy is simple and uncomplicated.
Best Price Guarantee
Our prices are unbeatable. Our ‘lowest price guarantee’ ensures that our customers get the lowest competitive price in the market.
No matter where you are located, we will deliver to your doorstep. International customers save upto 60% on shipping costs.