SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 (HU20) is an FBI (PIV) FIPS 201, FBI Mobile ID (FAP 20) compliant and STQC certified (UIDAI, Aadhaar) ultra-compact USB fingerprint scanner. This new entrant in SecuGen’s USB fingerprint scanner line-up brings market leading technologies in a nicely designed form factor.
SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 (HU20)
SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 is a highly accurate, ultra-compact FBI FIPS 201 (PIV) and Mobile ID FAP 20 compliant USB fingerprint scanner. Its IP54 rated water-resistant construction houses an advanced high-performance optical sensor resistant to dust, scratch, and corrosion. This is a special order item.
|1 – 24
|Request a Quote
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $250
Questions? Ask our experts: 877-917-3287
This versatile fingerprint device is capable of scanning high quality fingerprint images even in challenging environmental conditions, thanks to SecuGen’s Smart Capture technology. Smart Capture allows Hamster Pro 20 to capture fingerprints from difficult-to-scan (e.g. dry, moist, aged or scarred) fingers even in strong ambient lighting.
It also comes equipped with SecuGen’s Auto-On technology, which enables it to detect finger placement on the sensing surface automatically and start the scanning operation.
Hamster Pro 20’s IP54 rated water and dust resistant construction ensures that dust, dirt and accidental liquid spills cannot sneak in and damage the internals. Ruggedness comes inherent with SecuGen Hamster Pro 20. However, despite being a rugged USB fingerprint scanner, Hamster Pro 20 makes no compromises with aesthetics. Its attractively slim profile can quickly tempt you to make it yours.
This little master is extremely easy to connect and setup. When connected to a USB port, SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 driver (WBF – Windows Biometric Framework) is automatically installed via Windows Update on computers with Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or higher. However, SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 driver is also available on SecuGen’s official website to download and install manually.
Premium build quality and competitive pricing
Premium build quality is the first things you will notice at your first encounter with this USB fingerprint device. Its premium quality, however, is not only skin deep. It offers premium specifications along with a sealed construction, which means that it can withstand harsh environment and handling.
SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 price tag falls into the category reserved for premium USB fingerprint scanners. However, considering features and specifications of this fingerprint device, SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 price tag seems quite reasonable.
Extensive developer support and OS compatibility
If you intend to use Hamster Pro 20 with Windows 10, it can seamlessly integrate with Windows Hello, the biometric authentication component of the Windows 10 operating system. There is no need to install additional fingerprint software or any other tool. SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 driver is also installed automatically as you connect the device with your computer.
Hamster Pro 20 also supports Windows Biometric framework or WBF out-of-the-box. It allows you to add biometric security to authenticate your purchases on the Windows Store. WBF also supports fingerprint-based login on PCs which are running on Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. SecuGen Hamster Pro 20 offers support for Android and Linux as well, making it one of the few USB fingerprint scanners in the market with such a wide range of support for different operating systems.
Hamster Pro 20 can be integrated with your custom applications effortlessly, thanks to fingerprint SDKs provided by SecuGen. These SDKs have in-built algorithms to implement SecuGen’s MINEX Certified Template Generator and Matcher. Developers can integrate Hamster Pro 20 with their Android, Linux and Windows based applications using these SDKs and enable users to use fingerprint instead of PIN / password for improved security and enhanced user experience.
- FBI Certified. Complies with PIV, FIPS 201, Mobile ID FAP 20 image quality requirements.
- Highly compact, lightweight and portable USB fingerprint scanner.
- High level of security against fake fingerprints attacks with advanced spoof detection technology.
- Highly efficient fingerprint device that brings some of the class leading technologies and host of features to the users.
- Dust and water resistant construction rated with IP54 ingress protection.
- One of the high performance and rugged fingerprint sensors around. It can withstand scratches, harsh usage, impacts, vibrations and electrostatic shock.
- Equipped with Auto-On, a proprietary technology from SecuGen, that detects and wakes the scanner as soon as finger is placed on the sensor.
- Equipped with Smart Capture technology, which allows Hamster Pro 20 to maintain performance levels and capture high quality fingerprint images even in challenging environmental conditions. It also allows the device to capture fingerprint from hard to scan fingerprint conditions such as dry, wet, smudged or scarred fingers.
- Encryption of fingerprint templates with SecuGen’s proprietary templates.
- Surface Enhanced Irregular Reflection (SEIR), SecuGen’s patented optical technology, enables the device to capture accurate image quality along with high contrast, high-signal-to-noise ratio and virtually no distortion.
- Greater sensor-to-sensor consistency for better accuracy when matching fingerprints registered with different readers at different locations.
- Its multi-device connectivity feature allows multiple fingerprint readers to be connected to one computer at the same time.
Best Biometric Device for your PC
Thanks to the patented optic design that enables the acquisition of distortion-free images possible. Data points are extracted for matching from these images. Superior quality images equates to greater precision, less false rejection and acceptance.
Proven resistance from impact, drops, electrostatic shock, extreme temperatures, scratches, humidity and contaminants.
Unlike optical or semiconductor-based sensors, SecuGen sensors are made from a hard quartz-like material that does not require coatings and resist ESD, corrosion, scratches and other harmful elements. The optic components are tightly assembled so even if the sensor is dropped there will be no need to re-calibrate.
Equipped with a high-performance and highly durable fingerprint sensor that can not only withstand challenging environmental conditions but also scan challenging finger types and capture fingerprints without compromising on quality.
High reliability is ensured by consistency in performance under varying environmental conditions as well as user behaviour.
SecuGen develops, manufactures and designs its own fingerprint sensors and they are built to last. FBI certified ultra-compact, high image quality USB fingerprint reader that meets FIPS 201 (PIV) and FAP 20 Mobile ID requirements, which saves you the cost of replacements and prevent system downtime.
Benefits of Using SecuGen Fingerprint Readers
- SecuGen assurance of biometrics expertise and experience of more than two decades.
- Manufactured with advanced quality control techniques, best quality guarantee and warranty in the industry.
- Proprietary extraction and matching algorithms for the unparalleled performance.
- Extremely durable, maintenance-free and supports a wide range of platforms and biometric standards.
- Specially designed to withstand real world harsh conditions, environmental stress without compromising on performance.
- Supports a wide array of applications.
|Hamster Pro 20
|300 x 400 pixels
|18.2 mm x 22.9 mm
|Effective Sensing Area
|15.24 mm x 20.32 mm
|256 levels (8-bit)
|Light Source / Typical Lifetime
|LED / 60,000 hours
|Fingerprint Capture Speed
|0.2 ~ 0.5 sec with Smart Capture
|USB 1.1 Full-Speed, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
|5 V DC (via USB)
|Current Consumption (max)
|Dimensions (W x L x H)
|53.9 x 58.5 x 31.6 mm
|-20o ~ 65o C
|90% or less RH, noncondensing
|Dust and Water Resistance
|Supported Operating Systems
|Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, Android 3.1 and above, Java, Linux
|FBI PIV-071006 & Mobile ID FAP 20, INCITS 378, BioAPI, ISO/IEC 19794-2, ISO/IEC 19794-4,
|FCC, CE, RoHS, FIPS 201 (HSPD-12), STQC
|One year limited
- Computer, network or internet security
- Medical information systems
- Other password-based applications
- Banking and financial systems
- Labor and attendance tracking
Just Some of Our Happy Clients
Zero learning curve for developers. No biometric programming experience required. Get access to sample codes in multiple languages including C/C++, C#.NET, Java etc.LEARN MORE
Write a review
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
All our products come with one year warranty. For items within the warranty period, our policy is simple and uncomplicated.
Best Price Guarantee
Our prices are unbeatable. Our ‘lowest price guarantee’ ensures that our customers get the lowest competitive price in the market.
No matter where you are located, we will deliver to your doorstep. International customers save up-to 60% on shipping costs.