If you get features such as auto-on & smart capture coupled with high resolution and high speed fingerprint scanning from your fingerprint scanner, then do you really need to look any further?
Overview of Hamster Plus
SecuGen’s Hamster Plus is next generation fingerprint scanner from SecuGen, one of the world’s largest fingerprint device vendors. It has the best-in-breed features of automatic fingerprint capturing coupled with smart scanning which is capable of handling difficult scenarios.
Hamster Plus comes with a high resolution sensor and its scanning speed (0.14 seconds per scan) is comparable with the best in its category. A combination of latest features and excellent usability, it has been built by SecuGen utilizing its rich experience in fingerprint scanner development. Hamster Plus is truly a complete package which gels speed and performance, the two classic opposites, with ease.
Hamster Plus focuses on solving the typical problems faced by fingerprint scanners in the field and overcomes them with aplomb. It is capable of capturing fingerprint images from any finger, including dry, moist, old, dirty thus overcoming a common grouse of customers using fingerprint scans for biometric authentication.
Hamster Plus is compact, lightweight, durable and has an ergonomic design. It has quickly become the fingerprint scanner of choice for many organizations who require ease-of-use coupled with ruggedness to handle difficult working conditions.
Hamster Plus – fingerprinting applications
Hamster Plus has proven fingerprint scanning capabilities in a wide range of fingerprinting applications which include –
Let us now take a look at the excellent features of SecuGen’s Hamster Plus.
Hamster Plus – features
Using its auto-on capability, Hamster Plus’s inbuilt sensor detects any touch of a finger with the device to switch itself on for scanning the prints.
Touted as one of the best features of Hamster Plus, smart capture technology allows it to scan fingerprints in hostile operating conditions such as –
- Low contrast or excessive light conditions which require automatic adjustments of brightness of the scans.
- Adverse condition of skin around fingerprints due to scars, wet finger issues as well as age related degeneration of skin.
Superlative performance parameters
Hamster Plus has an exceptional set of operating parameters which include –
- Ultra-precise images of very high resolution – 500 dpi + 0.2% (using FDU03FRS fingerprint sensor)
- Distortion-free fingerprint image resolution of 260 × 300 pixels
- Non-linear distortion is less than 0.1%
- Image grayscale consists of 256 shades for an 8-bit gray level
- Generous platen area of 16.1mm x 18.2 mm
- Effective sensing area of 12.7mm x 14.9mm
- Ability to distinguish between latent and non-latent fingerprints
- Image capturing speeds of
- 0.1 sec for continuous image capture
- 0.2 sec for snapshot image capture
Lightweight yet rugged
Hamster Plus is very lightweight at only 100 grams (without its stand). Despite its low weight, Hamster Plus is equipped with the ability to operate in highly rugged operating conditions which include –
- Operating temperature range of 0 to 40 degrees Celsius
- Operating humidity of up to 90% RH
- Scanning prism which is resistant to shock, vibration, corrosion, dust and scratches (using SecuGen’s SEIRTM Technology)
- High portability due to low weight
- The USB 2.0 interface with a maximum communication speed of 12 mbps ensures quick transfer of data.
- Removable Stand makes it easy to carry
Ease of installation, excellent support and warranty
- Ships with a user guide and a Compact Disc with essential drivers for installation.
- Comes with a free Demo application
- Excellent support for Windows along with multi-lingual capabilities
- Hamster Plus comes with a warranty of 1 year.
SecuGen’s Hamster Plus is FCC, CE and RoHS certified.
Hamster Plus – Areas of applicability
Hamster Plus can be used for the purpose of fingerprint scanning for the following areas –
Biometric enrollments and authentications
Solutions requiring biometric enrollment and authentication are the primary target areas for Hamster Plus. These includes various application areas in different segments of customers such as – business organizations, educational institutions, border control/visa handling and any other organization or institute which needs biometric authentication.
Hamster Plus has been found to be very effective in carrying out Dermatographic studies. These studies are done to find a putative association between dermal ridges and intellectual functioning and thus identify individuals with low IQ. Any alteration in these ridges helps to identify problems the child suffered in the pre-natal condition and thus gives a chance to handle these children with greater care than that required for normal children.
Hamster Plus is thus a truly advanced fingerprint scanner. With the range of applications, features and applicability which it is capable of, Hamster Plus has emerged to be the automatic choice for organizations and institutions looking for fingerprint scanners.
Comments are closed.