Scanners in schools are a way ‘in’ to lunch line process. Since the identity cards or specific children codes are not enough to check the process of lunch in school. Whether the children are naughty or well behaved, all have to be taught the working of Fingerprint Scanner. The biometric identification unit is gaining popularity because of the brilliant technology and hassle free usage. Let’s learn how to use the scanner in school lunch line point of service:
- Since school children can behave well or absurd depending upon their mood, the technological device such as Futronic FS80 can be put to use. Because of its hard covering and thickened crown glass it is able to withstand rough usage.
- With biometric security devices there is no worrying about money being lost or being misused. This device can help keep the track of the food consumed by the students even if they have forgotten their identity cards or the numbers.
- You can install the system either outside the cafeteria or at the entrance, where ever is the location of the fingerprint scanner it should be such that the children can easily form a queue and wait for his/ her chance to have food. There may be children, who put other stuff like food items or stationary than the finger, but this can be dealt with a FS80 USB fingerprint scanner which rejects all the stuff other than fingerprints.
- Attaching a biometric security device in the school premises will enhance security and discipline. Moreover, such a device promotes equality. Those students receiving food at reduced prices or free of cost are not embarrassed by their name being checked. The children should be told about the device and educated so it is not taken as a toy or damaged.
- These fingerprint devices store the fingerprints in the database in template form and use an algorithm to save the fingerprints. Thus the probability of any student’s fingerprints being misused is completely ruled out.
Many schools are now giving way to such devices for security purposes and also to install these in the cafeteria, so there is no confusion whether the child had his lunch or not. This is fast, accurate and safe to be used by children. Even if a child is in a hurry, a light finger print can even get a good quality auto-adjust to confirm his/her identification.