Crossmatch Verifier 300 LC 2.0, an ANSI-NIST compliant biometric fingerprint reader, comes from the stable of Crossmatch Technology, one of the global leaders in fingerprint recognition technology. It is a single fingerprint capture device that promises to provide more accurate, swift and reliable results in identification, authentication and verification procedures based on fingerprint biometrics.
A compact size with splash resistant and 10-90% non-condensing features and a weight of 1 pound makes Verifier 300 portable. The polycarbonate lexan case makes it sturdy and durable and the operating temperature range of -18 degrees to 40 degrees Celsius makes it easily applicable in rough environments. The cables are well-attached and do not come off due to rough handling. Also, being empowered with an USB interface it is apt for high volume systems. Availability of a kiosk-ready version and cost effectiveness further makes it the preferred choice over many other fingerprint readers.
The image-capturing technology of Crossmatch Verifier 300 is state-of-the-art. It is capable of capturing foolproof high-resolution (500 ppi +/- 1%) images with the help of its patented spherical lenses. It provides an average linearity and rectilinearity of less than 1%. Moreover, the improved illumination system, thanks to the I/R filters that improve light rejection, makes Verifier 300 deliver forensic-quality images of even marked, stained, or dark fingers. The generous platen area of 1.2″x1.2″ ensures consistent flat fingerprint images.
These thumb scanning device uses apart from mere verification and identification of fingerprints. Crossmatch Verifier 300 LC 2.0 finds use even in dermatographic studies. Sometimes these studies are done for finding a putative association between the patterns of the finger tips and intellectual functioning. Studies on the dermal ridges have revealed that they have the ability to identify individuals with low IQ and with difficulties in thinking and processing information.
This biometric device supports all leading operating systems including Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7 and supports a wide range of application, viz. fingerprint recognition, fingerprint verification, fingerprint authentication and fingerprint matching applications.
Verifier 300 promises to offer precise and discrete result for every fingerprint scan. Its diverse features made it one of the most suitable fingerprint scanning device for a wide range of applications like hospital record identification and verification, school attendance systems and also border control systems.
The Verifier 300 single fingerprint capture device serves as an excellent choice for users as it is splash-resistant, non-condensing and most importantly it is readily available with USB.
- Reliability: This biometric hardware captures foolproof fingerprint images at a high resolution of (500 ppi +/- 1%). It has an average linearity and recti-linearity of less than 1% that ensures reliable and accurate results every time.
- Easy to handle: Verifier 300 has a USB port for connectivity and the compact size makes it easy to integrate it in existing applications. The attached cable can endure rough handling making it ideal for high volume processing environments.
- High quality image capture: These fingerprint scanners capture single finger flats and deliver forensic quality fingerprint images, making them the ideal choice for high security organizations like investigation bureaus and access control at borders and ports. The advanced illumination technique making the whole scanning process user friendly and hassle free. Even for stained or dark fingers, the scanner produces clear and distinct images.
- Intuitiveness: It has an intuitive biometric system with automatic fingerprint capturing feature that require very little practice to get used to its functions. This makes fingerprint access control a feasible procedure for the users.
- Durability: The compact and lightweight unit has a rugged polycarbonate lexan case, assures a long time of durability. Qualities like splash resistance and non-condensation make it an ideal choice among biometric devices.
In the last few years schools and colleges have extensively used the fingerprint based biometric systems for keeping a record of students. Fingerprint readers like the Crossmatch Verifier 300 are increasingly been used in educational institutions for checking the identity of the students, recording attendance, issuing library books and other such applications. It has been proven ideal in a school cafeteria setting for a cash free sales transaction wherein students can buy lunches and other items, without having to pay cash. Their fingerprints are directly connected to their account in school, maintained by their parents.
Naturally the Crossmatch Verifier 300 finds its use in a wide array of areas such as access control systems at borders, ports, and airports, national ID and registration programs, hospital patient record verification, children identification, desktop enrollments and office attendance record. Without a shadow of doubt, it has transformed the very way fingerprinting was done and is now an indispensable part of many global projects.