Questions? Ask our experts: 877-917-3287.
Need over 25 units? Request a Quote
SecuGen iD-Serial – Fingerprint Scanner with Card Reader
Item Code EA4-0506P
- Incorporates SecuGen’s stand-alone SDA03M fingerprint module.
- High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor.
- Available on-board 1:1 and 1:N matching algorithms.
- Designed for ready access by any finger in any orientation.
Questions? Ask our experts: 877-917-3287.
Zero learning curve for developers. No biometric programming experience required. Get access to sample codes in multiple languages including C/C++, C#.NET, Java etc.LEARN MORE
Logon to Windows, Domain, Websites and Applications using fingerprints & create a ”password free” environment. Enterprise Password Management with Seamless Interface to Active Directory.LEARN MORE
The iD-Serial is an advanced fingerprint authentication system that has been designed to be used for several purposes. It can used into applications like point-of-sale (POS), attendance tracking, time tracking, and other such applications. It has SecuGen’s stand-alone SDA04P™ module, SDOPP03P fingerprint optic module, an on-board processor, serial cable, and external power supply.
iD-Serial is not just to capture high quality fingerprint images but it also helps you to match and store fingerprints. It works with the lightning fast speed because it has been incorporated with SecuGen’s high speed SecuSearch™ fingerprint identification algorithm. With the help of this algorithm, it lets you find and match fingerprints at an extremely fast speed.
The Rs-232 interface and RJ-22 modular jack give iD-Serial highest flexibility, which is required at the time of cable configurations. Its communication speed is up to 460800 BPS. The SecuGen iD-SERIAL can be easily integrated into any application with the help of iD-SERIAL Developer’s Kit that can be purchased explicitly.
- Fast, reliable, maintenance free and high-performance optical fingerprint sensor.
- Uses Auto-On™ (Automatic Finger Placement Detection) technology that is capable to automatically detect the presence of a finger on the sensor. If Auto-On™ function is enabled, the fingerprint reader will automatically turn on and scan finger as soon as the use places his fingers on the sensor. There is even no prompt to the system required.
- Uses Smart Capture™ (Self-Adjusting Fingerprint Brightness) technology that ensures the best quality fingerprint images even under tough conditions in which capturing fingerprints is really difficult. With the help of Smart Capture technology, the sensor automatically adjusts the illumination that ultimately helps it to record high quality fingerprints from dry, wet, scarred or aged skin. Not only it has the capability to record fingerprints from different skin types but also it is capable to work under varied environmental conditions.
- Strong, durable sensor makes it resistant to scratches, vibration, and electrostatic shock.
- Comes with the options to use proprietary or ANSI-INCITS 378-2004 standard formats for fingerprint capture.
- Owns the capability to transmit fingerprint templates to distinct central server/database for storage and matching purposes.
- Comes with SecuSearch® on-board 1:1 and 1:N matching algorithms with optional internal storage capacity of 3,000 users. SecuSearch® gives it the power to search and match fingerprints at fast speed.
- Uses Serial RS-232 interface with RJ-22 modular jack to provide you maximum flexibility during cable configurations.
- Comes with mountable surface and integrated screw mounts.
- Comes with an integrated finger guide.
- Owns the capability to read fingers any orientation.
- Comes with power adapter and one year limited warranty.
SecuGen fingerprint readers are developed after years of research and are backed by the best warranty. These readers have proven as the most reliable fingerprint readers that wok efficiently under varied conditions including extreme weather conditions. These are the best readers to be used with a variety of applications such as physical and information security, point-of-sale, time recording, attendance mark-up, and access control systems.
SecuGen Fingerprint readers help you to minimize the workload per password security, reduce the risks of security breaches, and so on. These readers are perfect to be used for biometric authentication for the best security. The SecuGen readers improve easy to use and accountable for high performance.
|Description||Complete fingerprint authentication
system with serial interface
|Optical Sensor||SecuGen SDA04P™|
|Image Resolution / Size||500 DPI / 260 x 300 pixels|
|Platen Size / Eff. Sensing Area||16.1 x 18.2 mm / 13.2 x 15.2 mm|
|Light Source / Typical Lifetime||LED / 60,000 hours|
|Fingerprint Capture Speed||0.2 ~ 0.5 second with Smart Capture|
|Supported Biometric Standards||ANSI INCITS 378, ISO 19794|
|Auto-On™ & Smart Capture™||Yes|
|Dimensions (W x L x H)||88 x 140 x 67 mm|
|Operating Temp. / Humidity||-20o ~ 65o C / 90% or less RH|
|Interface||Serial (RS 232, CMOS)|
|Supply Voltage||3.3 V DC (via included external supply)|
|Current Consumption (max)||400 mA|
|Warranty||One year limited|
|Compliance / Certification||FCC, CE, RoHS|
The perfect fingerprint scanner for YOU!
SecuGen fingerprint sensors are highly durable with its rugged interface and virtually indestructible sensor prism. From its external surface to internal material including lens and electronic components, everything has been designed to last longer offering the most reliable performance under varied environments including indoor, outdoor, wet, dry, and other harsh environments.
SecuGen fingerprint sensors have patented optic design that makes these sensors the most accurate fingerprint sensors on the market. With the help of patented optic design, SecuGen sensors capture distortion-free images that make it easier to match fingerprints. It is because of the unique optic design that SecuGen sensors offer the best performance while having less false acceptance rate.
Automatic Finger Placement Detection (Auto-On™) technology is capable to automatically detect the presence of a finger on the sensor as soon as you place a finger on it. It helps producing faster fingerprint images saving precious time.
High durability and ruggedness
Design to sustain under harsh condition while delivering best results, these sensors are highly durable with rugged surface. The sensors are resistant to electric shock, impact, extreme temperatures, humidity, drops, scratches, and contaminants like sweat, dirt, oil, etc.
SecuGen sensors have proven as the most reliable sensors giving the best performance under extreme and challenging environments.
Fingerprint data protection
Offers the best fingerprint data protection through unique templates that cannot be scratched to destroy fingerprint images.
Ease of integration
SecuGen sensors can be easily integrated into different types of applications. This is made possible with the help of developer Kits that are available free.
Device Recognition™ is a unique technology that helps identify and recognize different fingerprint readers.
SecuGen sensors are the maintenance free fingerprint sensors as they are made with a hard quartz-like material. Unlike optical sensors and semiconductor-based sensors, these sensors do not need quick maintenance. In addition, they are resistant to scratches, corrosion, electric shock, and several other types of stresses.
SecuGen offers the most affordable sensors on the market. This is possible because SecuGen designs, develops, and manufactures sensors by its own. High-quality and durable material is used to manufacture these sensors. Even if the sensors are dropped, you will need not to reassemble them, as there will be no impact on the internal parts, thereby quick replacements are not required at all.
Self-Adjusting Fingerprint Brightness (Smart Capture™) technology ensures the best quality fingerprint images even under tough conditions in which capturing fingerprints is really difficult. Smart Capture™ gives SecuGen sensors the capability to record fingerprints from different skin types. It also makes sensors capable to work under varied environmental conditions.
Patented optical technologies
With the help of patented optical technologies, SecuGen sensors deliver clear and accurate fingerprint images that have high contrast, high signal-to noise ratio, and practically no distortion. The patented optical technologies use Surface Enhanced Irregular Reflection (SEIR™) to help SecuGen sensors become the most accurate sensors.
Rejection of false fingerprints
SecuGen sensors automatically identify and rejects the false fingerprints like latent prints and 2D fingerprints.
Greater sensor-to-sensor consistency
SecuGen sensors have proven to be most consistent sensors when it comes to match the fingerprints captured with different fingerprint readers under varied environmental conditions.
With the help of Multi-Device Connectivity™, multiple fingerprint readers can be connected to one computer at the same time.
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Time & Attendance
- Any fingerprint application requiring a serial interface
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Just Some of Our Happy Clients
All our products come with one year warranty. For items within the warranty period, our policy is simple and uncomplicated.
Best Price Guarantee
Our prices are unbeatable. Our ‘lowest price guarantee’ ensures that our customers get the lowest competitive price in the market.
No matter where you are located, we will deliver to your doorstep. International customers save upto 60% on shipping costs.