You have no items in your shopping cart.
USB Fingerprint scanners
Biometrics are entering every possible arena of technology, whether it is high profile security measures or simply safeguarding your computer data. In fact, biometric devices like fingerprint scanners are useful for a range of applications that include identification, authentication and more.
One of the most talked about USB fingerprint scanner is the Futronic FS50. This device is known for its ability to capture single as well as dual fingerprints. Additionally, it can accurately identify roll finger images, dry or wet prints and even blurred ones. Equipped with free API and secret code, the Futronic FS50 dual finger fingerprint scanner is ideal for rugged outdoors as well as calm office environments.
The best part about the Futronic FS50 dual finger fingerprint scanner is that it has been certified by the FBI and the US General Services Administration for being one of the most effective biometric devices. Plus, these devices are equipped with an inbuilt serial number. Mentioned below are a few of the other features of this device.
- The lens cover or the screening window is scratch and impact resistant, as it is made from 33 mm crown glass prism. Thus, making this USB fingerprint scanners suitable for being used in rugged environments.
- Measuring 110 X 110 X 45 mm the Futronic FS50 is compact and handy, hence making it extremely portable.
- The USB fingerprint reader can work effectively in temperatures ranging from -10 to +55 Degree Celsius.
- To easily sync with your current virtual structure, this biometric device is designed to be compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- It is enabled with a secret code feature, which works as a hardware key for the devices' software applications. Since its access lies only with the developer, you can be assured to have absolute security.
These are just some of the many benefits that FS 50 has to offer. This versatile fingerprint scanner is used extensively for applications like criminal identification, national ID card and E-passport systems.
Using biometric devices is one of the latest and best forms of ensuring utmost safety and protection. They are used for various applications like sales, access control and even locking systems. However, biometric security measures are not limited to high profile companies, stores or military facility. The USB fingerprint scanners are used at smaller set-ups, events and even for laptops.
One of the important devices in the world of biometrics is the Suprema BioMini USB fingerprint scanner. Whether it is private home and office environment or rugged outdoors, the Suprema BioMini provides impeccable fingerprint captures. Equipped with the latest optical sensor of 500 dpi, this scanner also complies with the standards of ANSI- 378 and ISO19794-2. Thus, it can be trusted for identification, authentication and scanning of fingerprints at any given time.
The Suprema BioMini USB fingerprint scanner is impact and scratch resistant along with being damage free in case there is an electrostatic discharge. Plus, the Suprema BioMini is compatible with most operating systems like the Windows, 98, Vista, XP and even Linux, so it can be easily integrated with your existing digital structures. Besides the basic software, this device can also support multiple programming languages like Visual C++, Visual Basic, C#, VB.NET and Java.
The best part about this USB Fingerprint scanner is that it is compact and portable; hence you may even have multipurpose use of the same device. It works in a temperature range of 10 to 50 degree centigrade, which is ideal for areas that have extreme weather conditions. With 288 x 288 pixels of output and high resolution images, you are sure to find accurate results.
If you are looking to invest in a good quality, durable and multipurpose fingerprint scanner for biometric security in your facility, then it would be ideal to invest in this finger reader.
After the very successful National Identification scheme in India, biometric technology is yet again at the very forefront of integrating disenfranchised people into the national mainstream. This time it is in the rainbow country, South Africa. The pilot scheme will start this year and the card will be rolled out to the citizens from the next year. According to the home ministry officials, the scheme should be seen as an effort to restore people's identity and citizenship denied by years of racist rule in South Africa.
The Smart ID card will contain biometric data and other demographic data like age and sex. The data will be collected with biometric scanner during the enumeration process and stored in the government database. This information will be used to roll out socials security schemes. South Africa is still struggling to integrate disenfranchised citizens into the mainstream politics and the Smart ID card seems to be a positive step in this direction. The earlier paper based Green Book ID card has been described as inadequate by politicians and social activist to solve many of South Africa's inequities. Also, there is a rampant forging industry to content with that thrives on forging the ID card and siphoning social security claims.
The first phase of the national integration scheme will target people who have duplicate identification card. Once they have been successfully integrated into the national biometric identification scheme, efforts will be made to bring 83,000 citizens with multiple identities within the ambit of the scheme. The pilot scheme will help the government understand the technical requirements based on which procurement of finger scanner and fingerprint software will be made.
Secugen Hamster Plus is a high performance biometric data capturing finger scanner. It is packaged in a comfortable, ergonomic design that uses high quality optical sensors for quick and efficient data capture. It uses reliable Fingerprint software that identifies and matches the finger scan.
Secugen Hamster Plus USB Fingerprint Scanner works equally well in cold, hot, and dry conditions. It captures fingerprint data even if the hands are scarred, dirty, moist and old. This biometric scanner can be used for verification and identification purposes and effectively replaces password based login systems. Secugen Hamtser Plus can be used in banks, hospitality industries, educational institutions and government agencies. Government agencies can use it for dispensing social security welfare checks and ensure that the receiver is qualified to receive the government aid. The biggest problem for governments is to see that the aid receives the intended beneficiary and not someone who has forged the papers to receive the entitlement.
Secugen Hamster Plus USB Fingerprint scanner has all the qualities to make it a trustworthy biometric data capture device. Applications include E-commerce, B2B transactions, Electronic transactions, bank and financial systems, medical information systems and any other password based application.
One of the most widespread applications of Biometrics is fingerprint scanning. There is a tremendous utilization of fingerprint scanners today, be it for computer devices that come with an integrated fingerprint scanning device or high security organizations that use fingerprint scanning for secure access. Fingerprint scanning devices can be used for identification as well as recognition. The device has two basic functions, first is to capture the finger print image and then check whether the image matches the pre-scanned images. A typical fingerprint scanner consists of a sensor that scans a fingerprint and a processor that stores the fingerprint image and compares with the pre-scanned images in the database. The prevalent techniques deployed in a scanning device use optical sensors or capacitive sensors to capture a fingerprint image.
One of the implementation of biometrics systems that is widely accepted these days is Fingerprint door lock, as it eliminates the inconvenience of carrying keys or ID cards or memorizing passwords. The sensor of a fingerprint scanner is in constant human contact and tends to accumulate dust, grime and other foreign particles on the scanning device. With extensive usage, like any other electronic device a fingerprint door lock can get damaged. Using industry solvents to wipe the device can harm the sensitive surface of the sensor. There can be a decrease in the capture sensitivity of the sensor that may lead to failure of recognition of fingerprints. To clean the scanning surface, apply a piece of scotch tape and peel it off gently, it should remove any traces of dirt or dust from the sensor surface. If the scanner is very grimy or cloudy due to heavy usage, use a lint-free cloth or a cotton swab dabbed in mild ammonia based cleaner, rub it gently across the surface of the scanner and blot the surface dry. Do not use paper products to wipe the sensor surface and do not pour or spray any cleaner directly on the sensor. It is recommended that hands should be clean before using fingerprint scanners. Measures should be taken not to touch the surface with fingernails and sharp or rough objects.
Biometrics has proved to be boon for large organizations, especially those that follow high measures to keep their data confidential and prevent illegal access and at the same time they have provided an increased level of home security and convenience to the common man. Proper maintenance of Biometric systems is essential to give them a longer lifespan and sustain their workability.
Scanners in schools are a way 'in' to lunch line process. Since the identity cards or specific children codes are not enough to check the process of lunch in school. Whether the children are naughty or well behaved, all have to be taught the working of Fingerprint Scanner. The biometric identification unit is gaining popularity because of the brilliant technology and hassle free usage. Let's learn how to use the scanner in school lunch line point of service:
- Since school children can behave well or absurd depending upon their mood, the technological device such as Futronic FS80 can be put to use. Because of its hard covering and thickened crown glass it is able to withstand rough usage.
- With biometric security devices there is no worrying about money being lost or being misused. This device can help keep the track of the food consumed by the students even if they have forgotten their identity cards or the numbers.
- You can install the system either outside the cafeteria or at the entrance, where ever is the location of the fingerprint scanner it should be such that the children can easily form a queue and wait for his/ her chance to have food. There may be children, who put other stuff like food items or stationary than the finger, but this can be dealt with a FS80 USB fingerprint scanner which rejects all the stuff other than fingerprints.
- Attaching a biometric security device in the school premises will enhance security and discipline. Moreover, such a device promotes equality. Those students receiving food at reduced prices or free of cost are not embarrassed by their name being checked. The children should be told about the device and educated so it is not taken as a toy or damaged.
- These fingerprint devices store the fingerprints in the database in template form and use an algorithm to save the fingerprints. Thus the probability of any student's fingerprints being misused is completely ruled out.
Many schools are now giving way to such devices for security purposes and also to install these in the cafeteria, so there is no confusion whether the child had his lunch or not. This is fast, accurate and safe to be used by children. Even if a child is in a hurry, a light finger print can even get a good quality auto-adjust to confirm his/her identification.
- Since school children can behave well or absurd depending upon their mood, the technological device such as Futronic FS80 can be put to use. Because of its hard covering and thickened crown glass it is able to withstand rough usage.
SecuGen Hamster IV is a USB Fingerprint scanner certified by the FBI and is an improved form of the SecuGen's popular and versatile fingerprint scanner product line along with Auto-On and Smart Capture. The fingerprint scanner has a wide number of applications in the present world whether it is related to business, office, institutions or even home. There are many advantages of SecuGen Hamster IV USB Finger print scanner.
- It comes in a very comfortable and ergonomic design. It is the high quality and the most advanced optical sensor as it uses the patented SEIR fingerprint biometric technology which in turn gives you the highest quality in fingerprint biometrics. The images are of 500 DPI resolutions.
- This finger print scanner is also resistant to scratch or impact or electrostatic discharge due to its hardened contact area and has high quality, maintenance free sensor. You can also get free fingerprint SDK on request. SecuGen hamster IV fingerprint scanners are easy to use and can be installed quickly on any Windows PC. It is provided with the industry's longest warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions. SecuGen peripherals provide consistent performance and security for a wide number of software applications for the desktop, network, enterprise and Internet environments.
- Another striking feature of Secugen Hamster IV FIPS 201 / PIV is the Auto-On function, which automatically turns on the sensor whenever a finger is placed on the scanner. It comes with a built in guide, detachable weighted stand, and a USB cable.
- The SecuGen Hamster device is very light measuring 27X40X73 mm and weighing a mere 100 grams. It is highly effective in a wide temperature range from 0 to 40 degrees and humidity less than 90 percent. On an average this Fips compliant fingerprint reader has a long life span of around 60,000 hours in normal operating conditions.
- Secugen Hamster IV PIV USB Fingerprint Scanner is very fast and accurate. It removes latent print images and encrypts fingerprint templates, thus it cannot be used to reconstruct fingerprint images. SecuGen hamster finger print scanner can be attached to multiple devices via programmable serial number and can be used for various finger print based applications like Fingerprint recognition, fingerprint verification, fingerprint authentication, fingerprint scanning & fingerprint matching applications.
Fingerprinting is essentially an identification criterion for an individual. Since it varies with individuals it is essential to put the prints in the pattern, by which it can be recognized, and in a data form for future use. The SecuGen Hamster Plus is an automatic small device, which reads fingerprints as and when the finger touches the screen. Here are the reasons for taking this system seriously:
- Auto On feature: The auto-on essentially checks the touch of a finger with the device and locates the prints even without switching it on. This performs on the auto-on software which should be in your system. The SecuGen sensor works at its best when it recognizes the touch of a finger and turns itself on.
- Smart Capture: this is one of the best features of ScuGen. It recognizes and also checks the prints in the lightest of contrast or excessive sunlight. It adjusts the brightness so that the fingerprints come well even taken in the worst of environmental conditions. This also captures prints of difficult fingers, or even when the skin is scarred, aged or wet.
- Consistent: SecuGen Hamster Plus is truly consistent with the form of its optical images of the fingers. The 500DPI resolution and high image quality can help the authentication process to be easy and rich in quality. The sensors best work for identification and verification of a person when the codes or password are not taken. Also, the device does not take the latent fingerprint.
- High performance: This optical fingerprint reader comes with a warranty of one year and can be used in extreme temperature and humidity. The optical sensor is based on the patented biometric technology which serves as a unique ability for the device to take the prints accurately and retrieve the same information in the system by the use of software. This has a scratch proof screen and dust resistant with a removable stand.
- Technical support: The SecuGen Hamster Plus USB Fingerprint Scanner comes with guide and driver CD For installation. The windows and language support are optimum, which increases its value in the market.
The ScuGen hamster Plus is an automatic fingerprint detection device which helps in verification, recognition and fingerprint matching, when the passwords, or secret codes do not help. The image of the print is taken in 0.14 seconds. This device is used for financial transactions, personal security or password based application.
Finger prints are the minute ridges of skin on the fingers of the people. These fingerprints are a unique marker for a person, can be used to differentiate between people. While two prints may look basically the same at a glance, but a trained investigator called fingerprint expert or an advanced piece of software can clearly make out the difference. A fingerprint scanner has a fingerprint sensor which is an electronic device used to capture a digital image of the fingerprint pattern. This image is then digitally processed to create a biometric template. This template is stored and used for matching. There are various types sensors present in various scanners like optical, ultrasonic and capacitance.
When you are planning to buy a fingerprint scanner or fingerprint door lock, you should look for certain features.
- The device should be fast and at the same time very accurate and reliable. Image taken by the sensor should be of high quality and in high resolution.
- It should be compact, lightweight and portable. It should have resistance to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock. The device should be easy to use and can be attached to a number of other devices with an ease. This will enable the device to be used for multipurpose. It should have a reasonable warranty period.
- The fingerprint scanner you are planning to choose should be able to work well in wide environmental conditions like temperature changes and humidity. Also, it should have a long life span in normal conditions.
- There should be facility of latent print image removal. It should be able to detect live finger to minimize the frauds. Some scanners also have fake finger identification function that is quite beneficial form security point of view. The device should encrypt the finger print images so that it is not possible to reconstruct the images.
If you are planning to buy fingerprint door lock, something with a larger window for finger print scanning should be used.
- The company from which the scanner is bought should be professional and able to provide good service.
These biometric devices are a boon in the present scenario as they provide good security for all purposes. They can be used for protecting your venue or data to be accessed by unwanted people or for maintaining attendance in the offices.
A very crucial element of every business organization that defines the qualitative and quantitative proclivity of its employees is the appropriative attendance system. Keeping a track of employees in an organisation is important since those regular delays of few minutes every day add up to hours of lost productive time. The Futronic FS88 fingerprint scanner helps the company keep a track on individual employees in a reliable manner and eliminates all sorts of discrepancies such as buddy punching et al. Biometric devices such as Futronic FS88 is also used by various governmental organizations and for a wide gamut of other uses such as, Electronic transactions, Bank and financial systems, Medical information systems, any password-based application, Slum Survey & Slum Re-development Projects, Domain Controller, Driver's License, Biometric File Encryption, PC/workstation security, Network/enterprise security, Internet content security, E-commerce, B2B transactions etc.
The best biometric device for fingerprinting saves the data and is easy to install as well. It can beconveniently placed over a wall as the scanner weighs just 150 grams and is compact in size measuring 66 x 66 x 29 mm. It works best in the temperature range of -10 to +55 Degree Celsius.The importance of saving those essential man-hours comes to the fore for every company. Optimal performance by its employees can be ensured with proper time devotion and good attendance records.
Futronic FS88 FIPS 201 PIV USB Fingerprint Scanner uses new modern optical systems to capture high quality fingerprint images with a CMOS sensor technology. It has a reliable platform that has been approved by the US General Services Administration. To ensure that there are no loop holes left in getting the exact fingerprint, Futronic FS88uses a highly sensitive camera to capture dry, wet and blurred images. This makes it a perfect platform for verification, fingerprint recognition, identification, and scanning based applications.
The device is also apt for use by government operations as it uses a unique serial number which makes the device traceable. The device is compatible with USB 2.0 and comes with plug and play capability. Futronic FS88 works on Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0, Linuxand Windows 2000/XP/Vista. The Biometric device, Fustronic FS88 supports fingerprint recognition, fingerprint verification, fingerprint authentication, fingerprint scanning and fingerprint matching applications.
Replacing the traditional methods of identification and security, biometric devices are being adopted world over to accurately identify personnel. The older methods included the use of PIN numbers, signatures and photo Ids, iris scan, voiceprint, facial recognition etc. These methods were easily tampered with and failed to create that sense of guarantee. Organizations incorporated newer technologies of biometric devices to tackle these gaping loopholes and ensure that proper safety norms were adopted. Fingerprint scanners capture the image of the fingerprint, which is different for every individual. The user has to simply place the finger on the scanner and the system will identify the person. The process of identifying a person through his fingerprints is a sure shot way to ascertain the identity of the individual. The convenience factor of biometric device has successfully eliminated the need for use of ID's.
Fingerprint scanners have gained a variety of applicability in diverse fields. During any background check of volunteers at NGO's or other organizations, fingerprint scanners come to great use. Such activities can be carried out by ascertaining that the volunteers who have come to participate are free from any criminal record. Fingerprint scanners help one recognise the true identity of the person in case it is hidden or manipulated. These biometric devices start working as soon as a user places the finger on the scanner. The fingerprint scanner immediately scans the image and finds the real identity from its existing records.
Biometric devices are designed craftily and are equipped with the most sensitive camera capable of capturing wet, dry and blurred images as well. The captured impression of the fingerprint is stored and can be printed for future use. They are easy to install and do not eat into much space and energy, another important aspect especially in outdoor activities.
Fingerprint Scanner biometric device is used for many other purposes such as Fingerprint Based Computer Login, Biometric Point of Sale Machines, Web Based Fingerprint Recognition Systems, Fingerprint Time and Attendance, Fingerprint Access Control. Not just this, it is also used for biometric identification in Slum Survey & Slum Re-development Projects, Domain Controller, Driver's License, Biometric File Encryption, PC/workstation security, Network/enterprise security, Internet content security, E-commerce, B2B transactions, Electronic transactions, Bank and financial systems, Medical information systems and any password-based application.